Last reviewed on by
Basic info about Hepatitis:
- An overview of hep A, B & C prevalence, general symptoms, treatment options, and diagnostic tests available.
- A closer look at Hepatitis (A, B, & C) – Why it’s more infectious than HIV – Causes, symptoms, treatment, and expectations.
- A comparison of Hep A, B, & C – the three most common forms of the viral liver disease – transmitted both sexually and non-sexually and the differences between the three infections.
Hep-C / HCV-Specific Information:
- Information on some of the signs and symptoms of hepatitis C, how the disease progresses and how often hep-C become chronic and/or stabilizes.
- Detailed descriptions of the types of tests used to diagnose hepatitis C and the tests used to evaluate liver damage, if any, once diagnosed.
- From taking medication to taking care of your liver; tips on how to live with an HCV infection.
- Detailing high to low risk activities when considering hepatitis transmission risk for hep-C – from sharing injection equip. to sexual contact and activity.
- A post profiling the similarities and differences of HIV & the hepatitis C virus (HCV) – two viruses that share many of the same characteristics.
Hep-B / HBV-Specific Information:
- A detailed look at hepatitis B, its prevalence, symptoms, and how it is transmitted and risk, along with testing and diagnosis for HBV.
These posts and pages are updated frequently. Should you have a suggestion for us on improving them or including something you had hoped to find here, please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form. We love suggestions and find external input to be our best resource in making The STI Project a high quality reference tool for those who have or think they might have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection, those who are living with a sexually transmitted disease or infection, and those who love someone with a sexually transmitted disease or infection.
– – – –