Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Nancy Carteron, MD, FACR
If you are living with an STI/STI/STD, most websites stop at the basic health information surrounding STDs like symptoms, expectations, treatments and testing.
That information is useful, but at The STI Project, we go one step further into the grey area most people avoid, because it’s often incredibly subjective.
Having lived with a sexually transmitted infection for over 14 years and encountered others along the way, The STI Project’s Founder, Jenelle Marie, shares her experiences navigating the grey areas, what she’s learned from her mistakes, and opens up the conversation for other’s opinions, success stories, approaches, etc.
In this compilation post, you’ll find a myriad of links to posts and pages related to talking about STDs, relationships and STDs, dealing with stigma, etc. As a compilation post, this will get updated with new and relevant links as they are written.
Feel free to share your thoughts about what you’d like to see here and add your input to the stories and advice you find within.
Initial Feelings and Diagnosis
- Jenelle Marie’s STI Interview
- Other Interviews
- Dr. Awkward and the Not-So-Awesome Genital Herpes Diagnosis
- Anger and the Person Who Gave Me an STD
- Tips for Living with Hepatitis C
- STDs: The Gift that Keeps on Giving?
Dealing with Stigma
- The 1st Time I Heard About STDs
- Hater-Aid or Addressing Bullies
- Genital Herpes and Stigma
- Living with Stigma – Reflections
- Dating, Stigma, and Sexual Responsibility
- STDs – The New Scarlet Letter?
- What’s the Big Deal with STDs Anyway?
- What Stigma Took from Me
- An Op-Ed about Stigma
STDs and Relationships
- Our Guide to STIs and Your Family
- Our Guide to STIs and Your Friends
- Our Guide to STIs and Your Partners
- When to Tell Someone
- How to Tell Someone
- How to Tell Someone II
- Should I Tell Past Partners?
- Thoughts About Finding Out My SO Has an STD
- Sex with Someone Who Has an STD
- Can People with an STI Have Casual Sex?
- What It’s Like to Date Someone with an STI/STD
A Positive Outlook
- You Say ‘To-May-To,’ I say ‘It’s Not a Big Deal’
- If I Could Go Back in Time, Would I Change My Genital Herpes?
- 5 Reasons Why Living with an STI Has Positively Influenced my Life
- Responses to Your Living with an STD
- Why Talking about STDs is Healing
- Posts & Pages about: Hepatitis, Herpes, HIV, HPV, HSV2, Molluscum
- Books We Love
- Blogs and Forums
- Natural Support
- External References
- What is My Risk of Transmitting Herpes?
- Herpes & HPV Support Groups
- HIV Support Groups
- Hepatitis Support Groups
Was this post helpful and something you bookmarked? Was there something missing from our list you weren’t able to find? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!