Last Updated on August 9, 2022 by Jenelle Marie Pierce, CSE, Executive Director
The STI Project
The STI Project was launched in April of 2012 during STI/STD Awareness Month and is currently led by STI+ Executive Director, Jenelle Marie Pierce, CSE. The STI Project is an independent website and progressive movement dismantling stigma by reclaiming STI narratives through awareness, education, and acceptance with story-telling and the use of comprehensive, inclusive, accurate, relevant, empathetic, and pleasure-focused resources.
Taking steps toward modern-day sexual health and prevention by advocating for conscientious and informed decisions, we post interviews with and the stories of those who have sexually transmitted infections or diseases, as well as a plethora of news and resources related to STIs and STDs. On our websites, our YouTube channel, in our podcast, and across all of our social media channels we cover STI testing, treatment, prevention, and more.
Our online static content consists of over 350 comprehensive STI articles, guides and fact sheets, advice answers, extensive external resource lists for each sexually transmitted infection or disease and a growing blog. Our content contributors include leading experts in the fields of sexual health and wellness, obstetrics and gynaecology, urology, and STI testing. Each article is thoroughly researched and fact-checked for accuracy among a large list of global human sexuality educators and reference sites.
We also provide interactive services, referrals to sexual/reproductive healthcare, and global outreach offline through tabling events, project collaboration, research, clinician or staff training, and speaking engagements.
Amassing over 1 million views in its first year, The STI Project now receives over 200,000 views per month with readership in around 190 countries. We welcome all people and all thoughtful opinions regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or experience with an STI/STD.
- Media Interviews & Freelance Writing
- Curriculum Consultations, Guest Lectures, and Workshops
- Sensitivity Review
- Personal Consultations
- Interactive STI Services
- And More! To learn about these services, visit our services page.
- National Coalition for Sexual Health (NCSH) – Tri-Chair of the Communications Action Group
- The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists – AASECT
- The International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections (IUSTI)
- American Sexually Transmitted Diseases Association (ASTDA)
- National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR)
- The Intermountain West HPV Vaccination Coalition
- Women in Sex Tech
- American Sexual Health Association – Ambassador
- For Women Who Roar
Recent Awards & Recognition*
- 01.20.2020 – Top 50: Best Sex Advice & News Blogs – Sexual Alpha
- 12.16.2019 – 27 Best Sexual Health Blogs – Expertido
- 11.04.2019 – Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes – Kinkly
- 07.12.2019 – Top 40 Sexual Health Blogs and Websites – Feedspot
* For a detailed listing of awards and recognition, please visit our press page!
Love what we do?
Any form of support is greatly appreciated from the gratitude we receive and recommendations of this site to others to your direct donations. If you are interested in supporting our movement so that we can continue to grow and help others contracting a sexually transmitted infection or disease and/or living with a sexually transmitted infection or disease, please contact us or use the secure PayPal donation button below.
Your support will ensure we can continue to provide these services to thousands of readers daily.
– – – –