Last Updated on February 24, 2021 by Stacy Sampson, DO
Going along with this week’s theme of clarifying and detailing The STI Project’s vision, mission, and values, I thought it best to configure an STI bucket list – “hopes and dreams of The STI Project” in an easy-to-read list format!
The STI Project Bucket List will serve as a project gauge and will help determine the project’s overall success.
Check back as often as you like as this will be updated frequently.
Some of these items are on-going and will be the project’s goals for its duration; as such, I’ll post updates beside them as progress is made.
The STI Project Bucket List (in random order)
- Apply for research grants
- Run a 24hr. STI hotline (telephone and online chat) available globally
- Provide free or low-cost (income-based) safer-sex protection globally (condoms, dams, etc.)
- Develop comprehensive info packets for download or distribution (free or low-cost for non-profits)
- Compile 100 STI Interviews to be published as short stories – including the People Who Love People with STIs interviews
The STI Project – On-Going Goals
- Post The STI Project posters in college towns and major cities across the U.S.
- Partner with local and national organizations to distribute educational information
- Speak at high schools, universities, clinics, and in small groups
- Encourage people to get tested for STIs and often
- Facilitate STI education in urban communities and rural areas by partnering with testing centers, clinics, and outreach networks
- Promote open STI communication among sexual partners, friends, and family members
- Facilitate STI dialogue within the community – positive and negative – and encourage others to join-in constructively: to include people who have contracted STIs as well as those who love someone with an STI
- Help people find up-to-date STI treatment options, STI help hotlines, STI blogs, STI forums, STI symptoms and STI facts.
- Volunteer globally in communities fighting STIs – sharing their stories via this website in the STI Stories or STI Interviews sections
- Promote STI awareness, STI education, and STI acceptance (our values!) ~ The STI Project believes, by doing the three aforementioned items, modern-day STI prevention will be achieved
GO The STI Project!!!