Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Stacy Sampson, DO
It’s possible these will evolve over time as The STI Project reaches some of our goals or as the project expands.
We believe in an organic approach to most things – hence, the education value – so, it’s likely we’ll receive a phenomenal suggestion from a reader or supporter and adapt these areas as necessary.
However, we think it’s important to lay the groundwork now and build upon it rather than wait until it’s too late to define.
Let us know what you think about our vision, mission and values – our reader’s input is paramount as this is a place for community and growth. Definitely don’t be shy if you have something to say!
Our vision is to achieve modern-day STI prevention by eradicating the stigma surrounding STIs.
We will achieve our vision by facilitating and encouraging awareness, education, and acceptance through story-telling and resource recommendations.
- Awareness – Information sharing, networking and collaborating with like-minded organizations, programs, and educators
- Mindfulness – Being attentive to one’s body and the responsibility that comes with being sexually healthy
- Education – Continued research, professional resources, and being receptive to new information
- Advocacy – Sharing authentic stories, reducing stigma locally, and providing resources globally
- Acceptance – Welcoming all people and all thoughtful opinions regardless of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or experience with an STD
– – – –
What do you think of our Vision, Mission and Values? Are they inspiring, motivational, and succinct? Can we improve upon these somehow? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!