Last Updated on July 29, 2021 by Stacy Sampson, DO
It’s likely these will evolve over time as The STI Project reaches some of our goals or as the project expands.
We believe in an organic approach to most things, so there’s a good chance we’ll receive a phenomenal suggestion from a reader or supporter and adapt these areas as necessary.
However, we think it’s important to lay the groundwork now and build upon it rather than wait until it’s too late to define.
Let us know what you think about our vision, mission and values – our reader’s input is paramount as this is a place for community and growth. Definitely don’t be shy if you have something to say!
STI Masterclass: Breaking Through the Fear, Shame, and Stigma of an STI Diagnosis
If you’re fed up with feeling unworthy, less-than, damaged, or limited by your STI, then join the next cohort in the 60-Day Masterclass, and leave feeling empowered, knowledgable, and confident again!
Our vision is to achieve modern-day STI prevention by eradicating the stigma surrounding STIs.
We will achieve our vision by facilitating and encouraging awareness, education, and acceptance through story-telling and resources.
- Awareness – Information sharing, networking, and collaborating with like-minded organizations, programs, and educators
- Mindfulness – Being attentive to one’s body and the responsibility that comes with being sexually active individual
- Education – Continued research, professional resources, and being receptive to new information
- Advocacy – Sharing authentic stories, reducing stigma locally, and providing resources globally
- Acceptance – Welcoming all people and all thoughtful opinions regardless of sex, gender, identity or expression, race, religion, orientation, or experience with an STI/STD