Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Shuvani Sanyal, MD
Basic, Educational Info about STDs:
- Everything about STDs from what is an STI/STD, the difference between the two terms, how do you get them, statistics, different types of STDs, and more.
- Debunking the myth: Why you need to worry about STDs even if you’re taking birth control!
- STD Symptoms for over 20 of the most commonly found sexually transmitted diseases and infections – links to detailed symptoms and pictures of symptoms.
- The Most Common STDs and their STD Statistics based on the comprehensive STD list compiled by The STI Project
STD Opinions & Stigma:
- The 1st time I heard about STDs, what I thought about people who contracted them and how my opinion changed drastically once I was diagnosed with herpes.
- P. Nickle, boyfriend of The STI Project’s admin talks about STD stigma, in general, and how his views have changed since dating someone with an STD.
- A teacher and FB friend of Jenelle Marie writes about how her opinions have changed about STDs and those who have them since The STI Project’s launch.
Talking about STDs with Others:
- A Happy Hump Day Podcast from The STI Project about why talking about STDs is healing and can help if you’ve contracted an STD or are living with an STD.
- The STI Project’s Jenelle Marie talks about whether using new STD vocabulary is excessive when talking about STDs and the people who contract them.
These posts and pages are updated frequently. Should you have a suggestion for us on improving them or including something you had hoped to find here, please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form. We love suggestions and find external input to be our best resource in making The STI Project a high quality reference tool for those who have or think they might have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection, those who are living with a sexually transmitted disease or infection, and those who love someone with a sexually transmitted disease or infection.
– – – –