Last reviewed on by
Coping with Stigma:
- A great article about eradicating STD stigmatization and, in particular, that which is associated with those who are living with genital herpes.
- The STD Project talks about STD stigmatization, how having an STD is a modern-day scarlet letter, and how to deal with and/or alter those perceptions.
- Reflecting on living with an STD, people’s responses, and why their opinions often have very little to do with your health, circumstance, or you.
- The STD Project addresses a nasty comment and talks about the not-so-wonderful side of contracting an STD and living with an STD – stigma.
- How often does living with an STD and stigma overcome your attempts at being optimistic? A reflection on the week and living with an STD by The STD Project.
- Getting ‘awarded’ a grant and then told the winner button was pressed accidentally… stigmatization prevails – there’s more work to be done.
- A revelation about one of the things lost from stigma while living with an STD – friendships – and the resolve to move forward.
- Part 1 of a 3 part op-ed essay about STD stigma from a 20-year-old college student recently diagnosed with HSV2 and written for her college English class.
- Part 2
- Part 3
These posts and pages are updated frequently. Should you have a suggestion for us on improving them or including something you had hoped to find here, please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form. We love suggestions and find external input to be our best resource in making The STD Project a high quality reference tool for those who have or think they might have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection, those who are living with a sexually transmitted disease or infection, and those who love someone with a sexually transmitted disease or infection.
– – – –