Last reviewed on by
Do you know someone with a sexually transmitted disease or infection?
Do you love them and would you like to share your story? The STI Project wants to hear from you too!!!
If you’d like to participate, answer the below questions about the person you love in advance and send them to us via the contact form and/or send questions via the contact form and we will respond promptly!
Here is our very first in the series.
People Who Love People with STDs
1. What relation is the person you are writing about (ie. partner, family member, friend, etc.)?
Girlfriend (of 3 years)
2. What STD(s) does this person have (or has this person had)?
Herpes Simplex 2
3. How has their STD(s) affected your relationship?
Yes and No. Yes, we cannot have intercourse during breakouts. No, it has not effected how I feel about this person.
I love her regardless.
4. Has this impacted your view of STDs? Please explain.
Yes, in a positive way.
Loving someone with a sexually transmitted disease has helped me to put aside my own stigmas about sexually transmitted diseases and infections. It has also shown me that you can love someone with a sexually transmitted disease or infection without it hindering your relationship.
5. If you could change one thing about how people view contracting and/or living with an STD, what would it be?
I would have people put aside their negative views of STDs.
In the world we live in today, STDs/STIs are just as prevalent as getting the flu.
It’s not the end of the world, nor should these people be made to feel as such.
6. Why have you chosen to participate in The STD Interviews and/or is there anything else you would like to share with the readers?
I’ve chosen to participate to eradicate the stigma surrounding people with STDs.
I would just like to add that loving someone with a sexually transmitted disease has not hindered my life or our relationship.
What do you think about his interview? Would you feel the same way? Did this give you hope for a new relationship despite having an STD? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!