Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Jenelle Marie Pierce, CSE, Executive Director
Want to help eradicate STI stigma? Want to change the way people view you, your loved ones, and all of the people who contract STIs/STDs and are living with an STI/STD? Share your story!
An easy-to-use Interview Template
Simply fill in your answers below and send them via the contact form. Your interview will remain anonymous, and what you choose to share with our readers is entirely up to you; your privacy and comfort is our priority – we never share your contact information or other defining characteristics unless you’ve explicitly requested they be included.
Once you’ve submitted your interview, we’ll contact you to let you know we’ve received your submission. Please remember to be patient with our publishing process – depending on what’s happening behind the scenes, sometimes it takes a little while for us to schedule your submission (want to help speed up the process? ask about volunteer opportunities), but rest assured, we will definitely include your story (there have not been any we’ve had to turn away).
1. How old are you?
2. What do you do for a living?
3. What STI/STD do you have/have you had?
4. How long have you had or known you have an STI?
5. Do you know how you contracted this STI/STD?
6. How has your life changed since you contracted an STI/STD?
7. Do the people who know you have an STI/STD treat you differently than they treated you before they knew?
8. Are you currently under treatment for your STI/STD? If so, please share whether you have explored prescription medication, over-the-counter medication, or holistic and natural approaches.
9. Has having an STI/STD hindered past relationships?
10. Do you have a significant other? If so, how has this STI/STD affected your partner?
11. Have you been sexually active with someone since contracting an STI/STD whom you did not tell you had an STI/STD?
12. How have you changed as a result of contracting an STI/STD?
13. Why are you choosing to participate in this interview and/or is there anything else you would like to share with us?
STI Masterclass: Breaking Through the Fear, Shame, and Stigma of an STI Diagnosis
If you’re fed up with feeling unworthy, less-than, damaged, or limited by your STI, then join the next cohort in the 60-Day Masterclass, and leave feeling empowered, knowledgable, and confident again!
Are you someone who loves someone who has an STI?
Would you like to share how you feel and your experiences? The People Who Love People with STIs Interview Template is below as well!
Send your answers and any questions you have via the contact form. All submissions from loved ones are kept anonymous, we never share your contact information, and we remove any defining characteristics in these interviews as well.
People Who Love Someone with an STI Template
1. What relation is the person you are writing about (ie. partner, family member, friend, etc.)?
2. What STI(s) does this person have (or has this person had)?
3. How has their STI(s) affected your relationship?
4. Has this impacted your view of STIs? Please explain.
5. If you could change one thing about how people view contracting and/or living with an STI, what would it be?
6. Why have you chosen to participate in these interviews and/or is there anything else you would like to share with the readers?