Last reviewed on by
Natural (Holistic) STD Treatment
Holistic health supplements are commonly taken to minimize or alleviate STD symptoms and recurrences, but not all supplements work for all people, and The STI Project encourages everyone to do their own research as well as consulting with your physician before deciding to take an over-the-counter supplement.
Are you taking one of these already? Would you like to share your experience (what worked, what didn’t, side-effects, etc.) – contact The STI Project here.
- Genital Warts • Dermisil
- Herpes Treatment • L-Lysine, H-Balm (w/ Tea Tree Oil)
- Intestinal Parasites Treatment • Goldenseal, Black Walnut and Wormwood
- Molluscum Contagiosum Treatment • Dermisil, Wheat Grass
- Vaginosis Treatment • Kefir, Yogurt, Probiotics
Prescription/Prescribed STD Treatment
Are you taking one of these prescription STD medications already? Click on the titles for links to comprehensive consumer information you should know! Would you like to share your experience (what worked, what didn’t, side-effects, etc.) – contact The STI Project here.
- Chancroid Treatment • Zithromax or Cipro or Cipro XR
- Chlamydia Treatment • Doxycycline or Zithromax (+ gonorrhea treatment)
- Gonorrhea Treatment • Ceftriaxone or Cefixime (+ chlamydia treatment)
- Hepatitis Treatment • A & E self limiting, Interferon, Hep A & Hep B vaccinations for prevention
- Herpes Treatment • Acyclovir, Famvir, Valtrex, Zovirax
- HIV/AIDS Treatment • AZT (Retrovir) plus Ritonavir or Norvir
- HPV/ Genital Warts Treatment • Cryotherapy (freezing), cauterization (burning), laser surgery, Imiquimod cream
- Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV) Treatment • Doxycycline, Erythromycin base or Azithromycin
- Molluscum Contagiosum Treatment • Tretinoin cream or Imiquimod cream, Cantharidin, commonly called ‘beetle juice’, removal by scraping, de-coring, freezing, or through needle electrosurgery
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) Treatment • See gonorrhea treatment and chlamydia treatment
- Pubic Lice (Crabs) Treatment • Permethrin or Lindane
- Scabies Treatment • Permethrin or Lindane
- Syphilis Treatment • Penicillin or Doxycycline
- Trichomoniasis (Trich) Treatment • Metronidazole (Flagyl)
- Vaginosis Treatment • Metronidazole (Flagyl), Miconazole (Monistat), Clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin), Tioconazole (Vagistat), Diflucan, Cortisone cream, Antihistamine, Estrogen cream
Keeping Our Content Fresh & Accurate
These resources are updated monthly (sometimes daily)! We come across new information and great resources while researching all of the time, but we don’t always catch everything. Should you have a website, a hotline, a testing locator, treatment information, etc. you’d like to suggest we include on these pages, please let us know! We love to hear from our readers and want to include only the most relevant and reputable links available. You can make a suggestion via our contact form!
– – – –