Last reviewed on by
Become an Advocate!
Would you like to promote awareness, education and acceptance too? Say yes.
Maybe you’re living with an STI/STD but not quite ready to run around shouting it from the rooftops like we do. That’s cool with us. Maybe you know someone who’s been affected by an STI, but you don’t how to help. No matter your motivation, you can lend a hand by becoming an advocate for sexual health, in general. There are oodles of awareness events and tons of corresponding organizations looking for people willing to do as little as socially share the news to as much as contributing time and crowd-sourcing funds.
As fellow advocates, we’ve amassed a list of advocacy months and days to get excited about.
For the second three months of the year (Q2), you’ll find all relevant awareness months and days below.
Check back or bookmark this, because we’ll continue to update our list as we learn of new ways to advocate.
Second Quarter Awareness Months & Days
- STD/STI Awareness Month – April
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month – April
- Couples Appreciation Month – April
- Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action (SAAM) – April 7
- National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – April 10
- STD Awareness Week – April 12-18
- National Transgender HIV Testing Day – April 18
- Break the Stigma Day (Herpes) – April 24
- Infertility Awareness Week – Last week of April
- Hepatitis Awareness Month – May
- Sex Ed for All Month – May
- Masturbation Month (Self-Discovery Month) – May
- National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy – May 6
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia – May 17
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day – May 18
- National Hepatitis Testing Day – May 19
- National Asian & Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – May 19
- Pansexual & Panromantic Awareness Day – May 24
- National Adult Sex-Ed Month – June
- National Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMS) Awareness Month – June
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month – June
- Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – June 8
- Cervical Screening Awareness Week – June 9-15
- National HIV Testing Day – June 27
– – – –
Do you participate in advocacy events? Have we missed other important sexual health and STD awareness months or days? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!