Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Valinda Riggins Nwadike, MD, MPH
Become an Advocate!
Would you like to promote awareness, education and acceptance too? Say yes.
Maybe you’re living with an STD but not quite ready to run around shouting it from the rooftops like we do. That’s cool with us. Maybe you know someone who’s been affected by an STD, but you don’t how to help. No matter your motivation, you can lend a hand by becoming an advocate for sexual health, in general. There are oodles of awareness events and tons of corresponding organizations looking for people willing to do as little as socially share the news to as much as contributing time and crowd-sourcing funds.
As fellow advocates, we’ve amassed a list of advocacy months and days to get excited about.
For the third three months of the year (Q3), you’ll find all relevant awareness months and days below.
Check back or bookmark this, because we’ll continue to update our list as we learn of new ways to advocate.
Third Quarter Awareness Months & Days
- Tickling (? In my mind, this is TOTALLY sexual 😀 ) Month – July
- National African American Hepatitis C Action Day – July 25
- World Hepatitis Day – July 28
- Orgasm Day – July 31
- Immunization Awareness Month – August
- Gynecological Cancer Month – September
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month – September
- Menopause Awareness Month – September
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month – September
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month – September
- Pleasure Your Mate Month – September
- World Sexual Health Day – Sept 4
- Global Female Condom Day – Sept 16
- National HIV/AIDS & Aging Day – Sept 18
- Bisexual Pride Day – Sept 23
- National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Sept 27
– – – –
Do you participate in advocacy events? Have we missed other important sexual health and STD awareness months or days? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!