Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Stacy Sampson, DO
Don’t Risk It – Go Get STD Tested!
These STD statistics will make you want to go get STD tested!!!
They certainly lit a fire under my butt – I haven’t been tested in quite some time and I’d rather be safe than sorry. One STD is more than enough for me (my STD story) – two’s just an over-achievement.
I’m getting tested Monday – may sound funny, but I’m looking forward to it. I’ll be sure to report back in ‘What’s it like to get tested for STDS‘! 🙂
STD Statistics for STD Awareness Month
- 1 in 2 Americans will have contracted an STD by the time they reach the age of 25
- 56-65 million people living in the US have an STD
- There are at least 20 million new STD cases each year
- 2/3 of all STD’s occur in people 25 yrs of age or younger
- 1 in 4 new STD cases occur in teenagers
- 1 in 5 Americans have genital herpes, 80% of people with herpes are unaware they have it
- at least 1 in 4 Americans will contract an STD at some point in their lives
- 15% of all infertile American women are infertile because of tubal damage caused by an untreated STD
- 12% of all infertile American men are infertile because of inflammation of the testicles and sterility caused by an untreated STD
Do it today, or tomorrow, or the next day!
Whatever you do – go get tested for STDs before you make plans to do anything else!!!
Hurry up – why are you still reading this post? Go get STD tested!!!!
– – – –
Did these STD statistics surprise you? Are you inspired to get tested? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
- STD? What Now?
- About STDs – Your Ultimate Reference Guide
- Think You Might Have an STD?
- Want to find STD Testing centers near you?
- Sexual Activities and STD Risks
- Not sure if you’re at risk? Talk to someone via an STD Hotline!
- STD Vaccines
- Found out you have an STD and would like to chat with others in an STD Forum?
- STD Statistics