Last reviewed on by
Going along with this week’s theme of clarifying and detailing The STI Project’s vision, mission, and values, I thought it best to configure an STI bucket list – ‘hopes and dreams of The STI Project’ in an easy-to-read list format!
The STI Project Bucket List will serve as a project gauge and will help determine the project’s overall success.
Check back as often as you like as this will be updated frequently.
Some of these items are on-going and will be the project’s goals for its duration; as such, I’ll post updates beside them as progress is made.
The STI Project Bucket List (in random order)
- Apply for research grants
- Run a 24hr. STI hotline (telephone and online chat) available globally
- Provide free or low-cost (income-based) safer-sex protection globally (condoms, dams, etc.)
- Develop comprehensive info packets for download or distribution (free or low-cost for non-profits)
- Contract to provide income-based STI testing kits globally
- Compile 100 STI Interviews to be published as short stories – including the People Who Love People with STIs interviews
The STI Project – On-Going Goals
- Post The STI Project posters in college towns and major cities across the U.S.
- Partner with local and national organizations to distribute educational information
- Speak at high schools, universities, clinics, and small groups
- Encourage people to get tested for all STIs and often
- Facilitate STI education in urban communities and rural areas by partnering with testing centers, clinics, and outreach networks
- Promote open STI communication among sexual partners, friends, and family members
- Facilitate STI dialogue within the community – positive and negative – and encourage others to join-in constructively via an STI forum on this site, etc.: to include people who have contracted STIs as well as those who love someone with an STI
- Help people find up-to-date STI treatment options, STI help hotlines, STI blogs, STI forums, STI symptoms and STI facts.
- Volunteer globally in communities fighting STIs – sharing their stories via this website in the STI Stories or STI Interviews sections
- Promote STI awareness, STI education, and STI acceptance (our values!) ~ The STI Project believes, by doing the three aforementioned items, modern-day STI prevention will be achieved
GO The STI Project!!!
– – – –
What do you think of our goals? Is there something we’re missing or do you have some advice on how we can accomplish the items on our list? Would you like to help us cross off a goal? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!